Hi, my name is Roxy and I'm a pretty little dog, I'm enjoying being at the centre at the moment as I am getting to learn lots of new things and being told I am a 'good dog'! I'd love a new family all of my own who will carry on teaching me. Roxy is a very energetic but loving girl who has come on leaps and bounds since she first arrived with us. She is learning to channel her energy into positive and calmer behaviours. Will need to be the only dog at this stage with further training and socialisation around other dogs. Not to live with cats. Roxy is used to children however due to her training needs advise 14 year plus who are confident and will be involved in her training. She is house trained, fine being left for short periods and used to travelling. Sadly she fractured her leg as a youngster and this was left without proper treatment, as a result she can occasionally limp and may require some pain relief medication - it does not stop her being a happy bouncy dog though! Roxy is eager to learn and super affectionate. With the right guidance and support to continue her socialisation and training she will be one loving, loyal adventure buddy.
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your dog needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Dogs are very social and love spending time with people and sometimes other animals.
· Physical exercise - At least a couple walks a day.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / training.
· A healthy diet - Normally two feeds a day of the food type and quantity appropriate for the dog. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp, where they can rest.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around dogs to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each dog has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your dog please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide