My name is Bella and I need a family that will enjoy my big terrier personality! Bella is a really cheeky, busy little dog that likes to react first with lots of barking and think about things later! She needs people who understand and accept the terrier traits she has and will provide long term commitment to continue her training. She is not keen on strangers, children, other dogs or cats, she is house trained, used to travelling in the car (though is excitable) and can be left alone for appropriate periods of time. Bella will require a particular home environment so her reactive behaviours can be managed and consideration needs to be given to areas she will be exercised. Once Bella decides she likes people then she is great fun to be with, she is affectionate, playful, mischievous and manageable, though also generally has a lot to say about everything! She's just started on a training programme so we will be able to update progress.
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your dog needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Dogs are very social and love spending time with people and sometimes other animals.
· Physical exercise - At least a couple walks a day.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / training.
· A healthy diet - Normally two feeds a day of the food type and quantity appropriate for the dog. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp, where they can rest.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around dogs to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each dog has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your dog please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide