Hi, I'm Sookie, a beautiful, bouncy young dog who loves to play! I am enjoying some time in a foster home, I like being part of a family. Sookie is a large breed dog and very strong, she has had some training and is very attentive however still needs to learn to walk politely on the lead, she is very powerful and strong! Sookie needs an owner with experience of handling larger dogs and the time to provide the training she needs. She could possibly live with confident older teens, seems to be house trained, has travelled well in the car and seems to be fine left alone for short periods of time. Sookie may need some training around other dogs, she can be boisterous however has been making progress learning to calm and walk with other dogs, she is not suited to live with cats. Sookie has been enjoying walks with other dogs out in foster. Sookie needs a home with a garden she can play in, fetch is her favourite game and she even enjoys agility fun! She can be shy when initially meeting new people though is very quick to make friends and loves fuss and attention.
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your dog needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Dogs are very social and love spending time with people and sometimes other animals.
· Physical exercise - At least a couple walks a day.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / training.
· A healthy diet - Normally two feeds a day of the food type and quantity appropriate for the dog. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp, where they can rest.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around dogs to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each dog has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your dog please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide