Hello my name is Fleur and I am 12 years old. I am looking for a home with my friend Deo. We have been here for a couple of months now and we tend to be overlooked because of our age, which is a real shame as we are both such friendly and loving girls. We both adore lots of fuss. I am a lovely girl who loves a fuss and likes to give headbutts. I can be very affectionate once I know you. I enjoy going out particularly at night but I don't wander far. We could possibly live with a friendly dog and may be okay with older children. Do you have the purrfect home for us? Love Fleur (and Deo) xx
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your cat needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Cats can be quite independent, however many also like to be petted and stroked daily. Some cats are happy around other cats as long as they have their own place to eat and sleep.
· Physical exercise - Access to outside is very important for cats. Introduce outside time slowly once your cat is familiar with your home.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / toys / scratching posts / training. Cats also love to hunt, so don't be surprised if they bring you 'presents'.
· A healthy diet - Normally two meals a day of the food type and quantity appropriate. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp. Your cat will find her favourite places to sleep! Provide a litter tray where appropriate.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around cats to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each cat has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your cat please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide