Hello my name is Hagrid. I am a 4 year old boy who is looking for a super special home. I am a very sweet and affectionate chap and I love my food. I am quite an active boy at times so will need a garden for some exercise as I have become a little overweight. I am looking for an extra special home as I have been diagnosed with a condition that affects the bile ducts. I am a very well boy in myself and to look at me you would never know that I have this condition. I am really hoping that a forever home can be found for me as I really do love life. I am very bright and love a fuss and games with toys that I can chase. My diet will need to be managed and you will need to be prepared to start or continue any medications that I may need to be on, to keep me as healthy as possible. The cattery staff will be happy to talk further about my condition if you may be interested in giving me a chance. Please call the cattery team for further information. I do hope to hear from you soon. Love Hagrid xx
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your cat needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Cats can be quite independent, however many also like to be petted and stroked daily. Some cats are happy around other cats as long as they have their own place to eat and sleep.
· Physical exercise - Access to outside is very important for cats. Introduce outside time slowly once your cat is familiar with your home.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / toys / scratching posts / training. Cats also love to hunt, so don't be surprised if they bring you 'presents'.
· A healthy diet - Normally two meals a day of the food type and quantity appropriate. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp. Your cat will find her favourite places to sleep! Provide a litter tray where appropriate.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around cats to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each cat has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your cat please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide