Hi I'm Bonnie I'm shy but once I get to know you we can have lots of fun walks and I love to learn! Bonnie is very active and intelligent so would need a home that can provide her with mental stimulation as well as physical exercise. She would love to be involved in agility, flyball, cani-x and other canine sports. She can be very worried by children, so will require an adult only home. A non busy household with a garden would be best. Bonnie is reactive around traffic and so areas walked will need to be carefully considered. She is very social with other dogs, not suited to live with cats. She is house trained though can submissively urinate. She is used to travelling however can be reactive to activity outside the car. Bonnie is fine left alone for a few hours. Bonnie has some handling issues and can be fear reactive so will need a more experienced home able to commit the time with her training. An experience with pastoral breeds is required to understand her character.
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your dog needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Dogs are very social and love spending time with people and sometimes other animals.
· Physical exercise - At least a couple walks a day.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / training.
· A healthy diet - Normally two feeds a day of the food type and quantity appropriate for the dog. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp, where they can rest.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around dogs to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each dog has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your dog please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide