Hello I am Marley a fun dog that wants a active home so I can have lots of adventures. Marley was social with other dogs upon his arrival, kennel life is proving very stressful for him and he is becoming reactive around some dogs. He will need a home that is experienced in doing careful introductions and one that will work with him on this. He could live with older teenagers that are used to larger dogs. Not suited to live with cats. He will need a home that will be able to provide him with adequate exercise as well as mental stimulation, be aware that he is quite large and can be strong on the lead. He travels well and is house trained. Marley becomes very anxious when left alone, will howl and pace. He needs a home able to provide him with lots of company and support him to ease his anxiety. As his previous life as a stray he just needs to understand that people will always come back for him. He will need a home with a garden so he can stretch his legs.
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your dog needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Dogs are very social and love spending time with people and sometimes other animals.
· Physical exercise - At least a couple walks a day.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / training.
· A healthy diet - Normally two feeds a day of the food type and quantity appropriate for the dog. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp, where they can rest.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around dogs to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each dog has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your dog please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide