Buddy needs a home local to the centre due to the frequent visits he will require to trust someone and will then need to be close by for support. Hello I am a very anxious little dog and will need someone very experienced and patient to love me. I am spending time in foster with a member of staff. Buddy is extremely worried by strangers, will require adult only home as fearful of children. HE CAN NOT LIVE WITH CHILDREN, or be around visiting children. Buddy likes walking with other dogs, Could live with an easy going dog. Not suited to live with cats. House trained, travels OK, fine left alone for a few hours. Buddy has handling issues around people he does not know and can possibly resource guard, will require experienced, knowledgeable home for on-going support and training. May also be better in a single adult home. He is very clever and is currently enjoying fun agility. Buddy is very vocal and always will be. Buddy is loyal and a loveable dog, but needs a very specific home. Potential adopters must be aware it may take 6 months or more before he will show affection and allow them to stroke him without feeling cautious.
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your dog needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Dogs are very social and love spending time with people and sometimes other animals.
· Physical exercise - At least a couple walks a day.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / training.
· A healthy diet - Normally two feeds a day of the food type and quantity appropriate for the dog. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp, where they can rest.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around dogs to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each dog has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your dog please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide