Honey requires an experienced, active home as she has more complex behavioural support needs. We have received a lot of interest in Honey due to her breed type however she will require a home that matches for her specific, complex needs. Honey will need an experienced home to continue with her confidence building and behaviour modification work. Honey is currently receiving extra support generally, she hopes to start looking for a new home soon. She lacks confidence and is generally very nervous, as her anxiety builds she can become reactive (towards people, dogs and other animals) so she will need a home that will understand she needs time and lots of patience to adjust (several months). Honey is very worried by strangers. She needs a home with knowledge and understanding of dog behaviour to continue building her confidence, long term commitment to management and training is required so patience is a must. Honey needs an quieter ADULT ONLY home. She needs to be walked in quieter, more rural areas. She is a very busy dog so will need a home that can provide mental stimulation as well as physical activity. Honey does not like other dogs and needs to be the only dog in the home. She can not live with cats or small animals. Potential adopters should be aware that she will need several meetings over a period of time to get to know people, so will need to live close enough to the centre to be able to do these visits.
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your dog needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Dogs are very social and love spending time with people and sometimes other animals.
· Physical exercise - At least a couple walks a day.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / training.
· A healthy diet - Normally two feeds a day of the food type and quantity appropriate for the dog. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp, where they can rest.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around dogs to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each dog has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your dog please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide