Hi there, my name is Leo and I'm a sensitive soul who just needs some guidance in life and help redirecting my boisterous energy into fun things like agility and trick training. Plus a good massage wouldn't go amiss! Leo needs an experienced home that are very familiar with staffies and their enthusiastic nature. He acts like a giant puppy and bonds closely to those he trusts and knows and is very eager to learn however he is a powerful dog and generally boisterous. Leo is very worried by other dogs and can be reactive through fear or chew on the lead. He will need to be the only dog in the home and owners will need to have a strong understanding of dog behaviour and communication. He could live with older teenagers that can be involved with his training. Leo cannot live with cats. He loves to climb and explore on walks and has shown great enthusiasm for agility and eagerness to wait on platforms focusing on his handler. Leo will need a quiet home environment with a private, secure garden to explore. Please note our usual rehoming procedures have been impacted at present due to restrictions, in addition we are only currently considering applicants based in the South East.
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your dog needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Dogs are very social and love spending time with people and sometimes other animals.
· Physical exercise - At least a couple walks a day.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / training.
· A healthy diet - Normally two feeds a day of the food type and quantity appropriate for the dog. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp, where they can rest.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around dogs to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each dog has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your dog please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide