Hello, I am Cheena and I am a gorgeous 5-year-old girl. I am looking for my forever home due to ill health of my previous owner. I am a very nervous and shy girl and I have been known to lash out. I am currently still settling into the cattery but as I have lived indoors, I find things a bit overwhelming at the moment. However, I cannot wait to have a safe garden of my own to explore, away from busy roads. I am looking for a calm and understanding home without children please as I can be a bit prickly and all fuss is on my term. No other cats or dogs for me please. I will need regular grooming to keep my coat in dashing condition so you would have to be prepared to put in the work. Do you think you may be able to offer me my forever home? Love, Cheena xx
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your cat needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Cats can be quite independent, however many also like to be petted and stroked daily. Some cats are happy around other cats as long as they have their own place to eat and sleep.
· Physical exercise - Access to outside is very important for cats. Introduce outside time slowly once your cat is familiar with your home.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / toys / scratching posts / training. Cats also love to hunt, so don't be surprised if they bring you 'presents'.
· A healthy diet - Normally two meals a day of the food type and quantity appropriate. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp. Your cat will find her favourite places to sleep! Provide a litter tray where appropriate.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around cats to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each cat has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your cat please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide