Hello, my name is Cher, I am approximately 8 years old. I am looking for a new home with my friend Warrior. We are both very shy and not much is known about us except that we have come from a home that had lots of cats. We will need time to settle and trust our new family. Ideally, we would love if you have experience of shy cats like us. Once we settle, we will be lovely companions. We are not so keen on having much contact at present, but the staff here are very sweet to us, and hopefully we will soon learn to trust them and decide that having fusses is quite nice. We would like a home where we are the only cats please and no doggies or young children. We will need a garden to start to explore once we are ready please. Love Cher (and Warrior) xx
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your cat needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Cats can be quite independent, however many also like to be petted and stroked daily. Some cats are happy around other cats as long as they have their own place to eat and sleep.
· Physical exercise - Access to outside is very important for cats. Introduce outside time slowly once your cat is familiar with your home.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / toys / scratching posts / training. Cats also love to hunt, so don't be surprised if they bring you 'presents'.
· A healthy diet - Normally two meals a day of the food type and quantity appropriate. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp. Your cat will find her favourite places to sleep! Provide a litter tray where appropriate.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around cats to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each cat has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your cat please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide