Hello my name is Belle and I am looking for a home with my friend Daisy. I am quite a nervous girl and I am not keen on contact with humans. However, I am sweet natured and very inquisitive and I will often follow Daisy's lead. I am devoted to Daisy and quite dependent on her as she helps me with my confidence. I want to be friendly but I am very wary of humans. I will need lots of playing and gentle socialisation, I am happy to approach for treats but I am not so happy to be stroked much if at all at the moment and if I feel cornered I will flee. I will not tolerate anyone trying to pick me up and can be defensive or flighty if I feel threatened. I am not an aggressive girl just very nervous of people so I am looking for the right home where I can start to enjoy fusses in my own time. You will need to be patient and not rush or overwhelm me. In the right home I will blossom and become a very loving cat as I do have a sweet nature but it may take me quite a few months to become comfortable with you. No children or doggies please and we will need a safe garden that we can eventually explore. Please contact the cattery team for more information on our requirements. Love Belle (and Daisy) xx
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your cat needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Cats can be quite independent, however many also like to be petted and stroked daily. Some cats are happy around other cats as long as they have their own place to eat and sleep.
· Physical exercise - Access to outside is very important for cats. Introduce outside time slowly once your cat is familiar with your home.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / toys / scratching posts / training. Cats also love to hunt, so don't be surprised if they bring you 'presents'.
· A healthy diet - Normally two meals a day of the food type and quantity appropriate. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp. Your cat will find her favourite places to sleep! Provide a litter tray where appropriate.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around cats to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each cat has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your cat please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide