Hi, I am Coco and I am a beautiful young girl. I was not happy sharing my home with another cat, it made me anxious and caused me to urinate inappropriately and I also started to over groom. So, I am now looking for a calm home with no other pets please so that I can get all the attention to myself. I can be shy initially but very affectionate and friendly once I know you and I do love a lap to sit on. I like spending some time in the garden however I do not tend to wander far. I have no experience with children but due to my anxious side any children need to be older and calm. Could you be the one for me? Love Coco xx
As the owner you are responsible for providing everything your cat needs to keep them healthy and happy:
· Companionship - Cats can be quite independent, however many also like to be petted and stroked daily. Some cats are happy around other cats as long as they have their own place to eat and sleep.
· Physical exercise - Access to outside is very important for cats. Introduce outside time slowly once your cat is familiar with your home.
· Mental Stimulation - Activity that keeps their mind busy / toys / scratching posts / training. Cats also love to hunt, so don't be surprised if they bring you 'presents'.
· A healthy diet - Normally two meals a day of the food type and quantity appropriate. Access to clean, fresh water.
· Veterinary care - When needed. Annual health check.
· Comfortable environment - Not too cold, hot, draughty or damp. Your cat will find her favourite places to sleep! Provide a litter tray where appropriate.
· Respect of their needs - Especially ensure children know how to behave around cats to help them build a lasting friendship.
Each cat has specific needs, depending on its age, breed and type. For more info on caring for your cat please order our free pet care guide here: Pet Care Guide