Thanks so much for choosing to fundraise for Raystede! It costs us roughly 2 million pounds a year to care for all the animals at our centre, so we do really appreciate any money that you manage to raise for us.
Here's some tips and ideas to help with your fundraising and if you are struggling to hit your target at all, please contact us and we will help you out and try and motivate you as much as we can.
One of the easiest ways to fundraise is through online fundraising. It doesn't cost you a penny to set up a page, and all the donations are automatically transferred through to us, so you don't have the hassle of chasing sponsorship money afterwards.
It only takes a few minutes to set up a fundraising page and you can personalise it as much as you like. We recommend the Justgiving site. If you click onto the link and choose 'make your page' and then follow the step by step instructions, you will have an online fundraising page in under 10 minutes.
Remember to share your page via Facebook, Twitter, and on the bottom of emails. If you get stuck or need any help, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Here's some of our top ideas to help you reach your target. The more money you raise for Raystede the more you are helping us achieve our mission of giving animals a better life and finding them forever homes.
* Sponsorship form: When you sign up to do an event for Raystede you will receive a sponsor form in your welcome pack. If you would like any more at any point you can download one here or if you contact us we will post another out to you. Remember to share your sponsor form with as many people as possible.
* Matched Giving: Why not ask your employer if they will match your sponsorship?! Many companies and organisations operate a 'matched giving' scheme where some will donate £1 for every £1 you raise.
* Cake Sale/ Tea Party/ Coffee Morning: Everyone likes to treat themselves now and again, so you could organise your own cake sale, a Mad Hatters tea party, or perhaps a coffee morning to raise funds for your challenge.
*Wine Tasting/ Cocktail Evening: Lots of people enjoy a tasty tipple now and again, so you could organise your own wine tasting evening or cocktail evening. All money raised could go towards your fundraising target.
*Dress Down Day: Ask your work or school if they will do a dress down day in aid of Raystede?! You could dress up as your favourite animal, or have a Pyjama day and ask everyone who participates to donate £2 towards Raystede and your challenge.
*Pub Quiz: Organise your own pub quiz, or ask a pub that already regularly hold them to do one in honour of Raystede. You can charge teams an entry fee, perhaps hold a raffle while there and even ask companies to donate prizes.
*Car Boot Sale: If you've got lots of items that might be cluttering up your home, then why not organise a car boot sale or join an existing one to sell items and to put the proceeds towards your fundraising target.
Paying in your Fundraising
There's many ways to get your hard earned fundraising donations to us. You can:
* Phone us on 01825 840747 and make a credit card payment over the phone.
* Drop into Raystede and give us any cash donations you've managed to raise, along with any sponsorship forms.
* Pay the money directly onto your justgiving page. All the money on your justgiving page gets automatically transferred to us.
* Send us a cheque to the below address. All cheques can be made payable to 'Raystede':
Raystede Centre for Animal Welfare
* Make a bank transfer, making sure you quote your event as a reference. These are our bank account details:
Sort Code: 60-13-09
Account Number: 42366623
From the team and all the animals at Raystede, thanks so much for all your hard work!