Thanks again for planning a fundraising event for us. It's people like you that help us provide and care for the animals at Raystede. Whatever you're thinking of doing, we'd love to hear from you. You can email email@example.com or call us on 01825 840747.
Here are some tips for you to get you started:
- Pick a fundraising activity that you will have fun doing. If you're a keen baker then why not organise a cake sale, if you enjoy singing then you could arrange a karaoke evening. We will help you out with materials and advice.
- Pick a target for your fundraising activity. We appreciate absolutely any money that you manage to raise for us, but it will help you stay focused to pick a target and make sure that you don't end up spending more than you get back in return.
- Decide how you will raise money from your event. Will you charge an entry fee, hold a raffle, ask for donations, or sell a product?! If you need any materials or ideas to help you let us know. Also decide upon the date of the event and arrange a venue, making sure your activity won't clash with any other big local or national events.
- Spread the word about your event through social media, WhatsApp, word of mouth, posters & flyers, local press or you could write a blog about your fundraising experience.
- Be legal and safe. We are so grateful to everyone who fundraises for us. However, it is important to remember that fundraising is regulated by law.
- Get insurance. If your event involves the public in any way, you will need to ensure that the venue has got the appropriate public liability insurance.
- Risk Assessment. Whatever your event, it is always advisable to carry out a risk assessment to ensure that you have proper plans for public safety.
- Drink regulations. If you want to sell alcoholic drinks at your event you need a licence unless you use a venue that is already licensed, such as a pub or restaurant. You can apply to your local council for a short term licence. You can serve alcohol if you are not asking people to pay for it, so you could think about increasing your ticket price and including drinks for free, or asking for a voluntary donation rather than minimum payment per drink.
- Contact us. If you have any questions or are stuck for ideas, perhaps need materials or would just like to tell us what you're doing, then please contact us on 01825 840747 or email firstname.lastname@example.org